- Installation time: 0.5 hour
- Difficulty level: 1 of 5
Superlift Hydraulic Steering Stabilizer For 1973-1974 Chevrolet K10 Pickup/K20 Pickup/K30 Pickup
Superlift Hydraulic Steering Stabilizer For 1973, 1974 Chevrolet K10 Pickup/K20 Pickup/K30 Pickup
What is this?
- This is a Superlift steering stabilizer cylinder.
- Stabilizers help combat forces that induce tire shimmy, such as larger/heavier tires and wheels, and slack in your suspension and steering systems that occurs from normal wear.
- Factory Replacement Steering Stabilizer – SL (Hydraulic) – 73-91 GM Solid Axle
- Single Superlift stabilizer cylinder with the bushings.
The Superlift Steering Stabilizer kit includes a single Superlift cylinder, plus all required mounting hardware. The Superlift cylinder features increased oil capacity, for cooler operating temperatures and less fade, plus valving tailored to meet the demands of heavier tires/wheels and aggressive terrain.
A cylinder boot, if desired, is purchased separately. Superlift shock boots also fit these cylinders.
A steering stabilizer is basically a shock absorber for your steering system. It allows unrestricted gradual movement but resists sudden shock. Stabilizers also combat other forces that induce tire shimmy, such as larger/heavier tires and wheels and slack in your suspension and steering systems that occur from normal wear.
Most vehicles are factory equipped with a stabilizer, yet like most factory shock absorbers, they are barely adequate and have a limited service life. Look for signs of oil leakage where the shaft meets the cylinder body.
INSTALLATION & NOTES:
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.