Long Travel 2.5-4″ Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks 1996-2002 Toyota 4RunnerSale!
Long Travel Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Toyota 4Runner
Includes: 2 Shocks (Qty 2 of 33-187174)
These are long travel rear Bilstein 5100 series shocks outfitted to work with your 3rd Gen 4Runner and should only be used with long rear lift coil springs.
If NOT used with coil springs at least as 2.5-4″ long a coils, you will need to hard mount your internal spring bump stops, mount your rear springs to the axle perch, and extend the axle bumps. There is a high possibility of spitting a spring at full droop if you use too short of a coil spring in back.
We still advise checking full compression and droop after install to determine if your 4Runner needs to be bump stopped or if any other mods need to be made to any ABS or brake lines.
The installation of a longer rear brake line is required with these rear shocks.
Includes 2 Shocks
Questions and answers of the customers
- A Better for this spring https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-4runner/1996-2002/rear-lifts-96-02-toyota-4runner/rear-ome-891-coils-for-1996-2002-toyota-4runner/ use these shocks https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-4runner/1996-2002/shocks-96-02-toyota-4runner/bilstein-0-2-rear-lift-shocks-1996-2002-toyota-4runner/ The ones you speak of are too long for this spring
- A yes, they will work with 3'' rear coils
- Q What bushing kit do I get to replace the top bushings? I have a 2001 4runner 4WD SR5 with Toytec ...There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now
- A unfortunately no for pathfinder
- A for 1990 we can offerhttps://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-4runner/90-95-toyota-4runner/90-95-toyota-4runner-2wd4wd-3-4-front-3-4-rear-lift-skyjacker-shocks/
- Q Are these the same shocks that are in the Toyota FJ Cruiser 2 inch lift rear rear b8 5100? answer nowA please send us complete info about your truck as follows:Year Model Sub-model (1500 / 1500HD / etc. ) Drive train (4WD / 2WD) Engine (volume, fuel:gas/diesel) Cab (regular, crew, extended) Lift height ( front and rear lift amount if applicable ) Lift type (spacers, spring coils or specify if anything else was applied for the lift)and we'll try our best to find the proper shocks for your vehicle
- Q Will these work on a 2in lift coil spacer for the rear if I leave the shock at the 2.5 setting answer nowA I think it can work with 2'' rear spacer without heavy rear loads, but it will be better to use it with 2,5'' rear lift and more
- Q My 98 4runner has a 3inch rough country lift on it atm. Would these would with my rough country l... answer nowA Yes if you have rear 3'' lift
- Q Can I adjust them to fit my ome 890x? iv seen post that say the ome 890 are only 2.5” And other p... answer nowA Shocks are not height adjustable they are just longer then stock will fit from 2,5'' to 4'' rear lift
- A These shocks are:Extended Length (IN): 23-1/2 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 14.91 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Stem Lower Mounting Style: EyeletPlease compare to your old shocks dimensions and mountings (especially collapsed lenght).No less then 2,5'' rear lift is needed for these shocks
- A For long travel shocks you need to use at least 2,5'' lift coils or higher
- Q Hi! I‘m having a hard time finding these shocks in Germany. Any chance you could ship overseas? T... answer nowA Please specify your full postal address
Priced per set.
- Q Hi - Will these work with OME 890 rear springs? Or, should I just get the regular Bilstein 5100 s... answer nowA Yes, it will work for 3'' rear lift
- Q I have 3" toytec lift springs in the rear of my 1998 4runner. Should I use these or just the 2.5"... answer nowA These shocks will be good for 3'' lift
- A No, these shocks are: Extended Length (IN): 23-1/2 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 14.91 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Stem Lower Mounting Style: Eyeletwill fit 2010-2017 Toyota 4Runner 2010-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser