Bilstein Adjustable 3″ lift kit with 5100 shocks 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma
ToyTec’s Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks for Toyota Tacoma 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (Will NOT fit 2016+ Toyota Tacoma)
1.5 to 3″ lift kit with Eibach front coils (3″ average lift is achieved with coils and setting the shock adjustment on the second C clip setting from the bottom)
Standard cab and 4cyl models should use the Lowest C Clip setting
DO NOT EXCEED THIS SETTING OR DAMAGE CAN OCCUR
Double cab models may require top plate spacers for full 3″ lift
- C475 Height adjustable Bilstein front 5100 shocks
- TP14 spacer for correction of drivers side lean
- 112-620 Eibach/Toytec front coil springs 620lb spring rate
- TAC-DR-05 Front diff drop kit (choose from options)
- C476 – Bilstein 5100 Series rear shocks
Rear Options: Choose above
- TAC-AL Toytec standard 2″ lift add-a-leafs with anti friction pads. This long style AAL offers a great ride and has anti-friction pads already installed. Fits standard 3 leaf springs and 4 leaf or TSB springs.
- 1 1/2″ blocks with U-bolts
- 1″ blocks with U-bolts
- Dakar Full Rear Springs with U-Bolts and Bushings *Note: Rear Bilstein shocks will be substituted for longer ToyTec’s BOSS shocks if you decide to go with Dakars.
- Typical ride heights achieved:
- 1st clip setting – Approximately 1.5″
- 2nd clip setting – Approximately 3″
- Some Double cab models may require top plate spacers for full 3″ lift
- 1st clip setting – Approximately 3″
Q. What size tires can I run on stock wheels with the 3″ kit?
We have not tested every wheel/tire size on these trucks, but 265/75/16 tires are about the largest for the 2005up trucks, on stock wheels. The back spacing, and distance of the tire to suspension components is very close on the front end.
Q. What size tires can I run on a 16×8″ wheel?
With 4″ or 4.5″ back spacing we have several trucks running 285/75/16 tires, but they may rub on the front depending on wheel width, and back spacing. We do not guarantee any tire/ wheel fitment and recommend you have your tire dealer install and “test fit” any wheel tire combination you are considering
NOTE: Toytec Lifts Suspension parts do not fit 5 wheel lug Tacomas.
Only for 6-lug Tacomas.
Please check your application before ordering.
Questions and answers of the customers
- A New leaf spring pack come with new u-boltsAdd-a-leafs are used with OEM u-bolts
- A What cab and engine do you have?
- Q I want a 3" lift for my 2005 double cab 4X4. What is the difference between the Bilstein 5100 sho... answer nowA Bilstein rear shocks are good for road ride and bar roads. For heavier offroading with full wheel articulation longer BOSS shocks are recommended
- Q I just added 265/76/16 KO2s on my 2005 Tacoma double cab 4WD and am now looking at adding about a... answer nowA Bilstein rear shocks will be good on sand, BOSS shocks are slightly longer so we recommend them for heavy offroading with 3'' rear
- Q Can you set the shocks at 1st clip(1.5”lift), and use the space for a ~2” front lift for a V6 dou...
- A Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life.
- Q Would an '06 TRD Sport sit level with the shocks at 2.5" and the Toytec 2" AAL on? I would think ... answer nowA In order to figure out how much lift you need to level please take existing measurements from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. Difference between front and rear is how much lift you need to level. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/level.png
- Q What is the difference between bk0510 with coilover assembled plus top plate and the ttha-ck? answer nowA
The TTHA kit comes assembled with an aluminum top mount, is not adjustable.
The bk0510 kit can be assembled with a stock-style top mount for additional money.
the TTHA kit is better than the BK0510 kit. The aluminum top mount is higher quality than the stock style top mount.
Otherwise it is the exact same thing. Ride quality, etc is the same. Just depends on if you want a custom Toytec aluminum top mount or the same type that comes on the vehicle.
The BK0510 is a downgrade from the TTHA kit in that sense.
- A Yes, will fit
- Q I had the Bilstein adjustable 3" lift kit with 5100 shocks (2005-2015) and Light racing adjustabl... answer nowA It seems the coilovers are set higher then 3'' - it's not recommended
- Q So for the Front Differential Drop Kit option, if my Tacoma is just a 2wd, I just go with No right? answer nowA Correct. Choose No for the diff drop kit option
- Q Hello, I have a 2011 Tacoma Access cab 4cylinder, 4X4 and want to have a leveled 3" lift, What wo... answer nowA Hi we recommend setting this kit on the second notch adjustment without adding spacers for the front.For the rear we recommend 1'' rear blocks.
- Q The info for the Bilstein 5100 alone ( https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/front... answer nowA So a spacer is ok too even though it says "NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH SPACERS OR LIFT COILS UNLESS LOWEST (STOCK) SETTING IS USED." ??https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/front-height-adjustable-5100-bilstein-shocks/
- Q The add-a-leaf says that it gives 2” of lift. The Bilstien rear shock says 0-1”. Will I need to g... answer nowA I would recommend to do the rear BOSS if the add a leaf is getting added just for peace of mind for sure
- Q I have a 06 OR access cab with the v6. I have probably a 50 lb bull bar. What clip should I set t... answer nowA Hello We recommend that you select the following positions in the sections for this set to reach 3 inches. Coilover Assembly 2nd clip (~3"; 6cyl or double cab) (+$120) Front Top Plate Spacers Add (+$66.98)
- A The add a leaf from thy 6-lug Tacoma can be installed, but it may give 2,-3'' of rear lift or even higher - we haven't tested it bu ourselves and can't guarantee.
- Q I have a 2015 TRD off-road dbl cab short bed with this kit installed. The front shocks are curren... answer nowA You may try to do it at your own risk if you have heavy winch and heavy V6 engine (heavier than 4cyl)
- Q Do you guys have a kit like this one for a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport 4X4 double cab with v6 ? If so w... answer nowA Unfortunately 2016+ Tacomas are heavier especially with V6 and we haven't such kit
- Q With the 3” lift n 2” in the rear could my Toyota Tacoma fit 20x10 with 33’s? Or 18x10 with 33’s ...
- A Torque upper nuts and lower bolt/nut to manufacture specs.Here is installation manual https://bilsteinlifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/bk0510.pdf
- A If you have 4cyl engine and no additional weight such as aftermarket bumper then probably you don't need the spacer.If you have V6 engine (heavier then 4cyl) and maybe some additional constant load carried then maybe yes
- A UCA's are recommended but not require, the benefit of the UCA's is to fix the caster when the vehicle is getting aligned and also helps you a lot with articulation on the front end.So Total Chaos upper control arms do require some maintenance specially on the uniball since its exposed, Pretty much once every 2 weeks the uniball needs to be cleaned with a microfiber towel and add a couple drops of Triflo lubricant otherwise clunking/squeaking sounds will come out of it. One major thing to keep in mind is that Total Chaos is a high performance UCA and everything is metal against metal so definitely weird sounds will come out of it even with proper maintenance. NOTE: This UCA's are not adjustable but the arm is designed to give the vehicle proper caster and more articulation on the front end SPC upper control arms are more designed for daily driving and tackle easy to moderate trail, also the upper ball joint is fully adjustable and regreasble as well. This SPC UCA's are pretty much maintenance free. NOTE: SPC UCA's will help to get the vehicle aligned and helps a lot with caster and camber If the client is planning on tackling really hard trails Total Chaos is a great choice or if he/she is planning on daily driving and doing easy/moderate trails SPC is the way to go
- Q Im looking at the bilstein 3in lift kit and going thru the options. What is the difference betwee...
- Q What’s the part number on the Bilstein 5100 rear shock? I can’t find it and already have my front... answer nowA Here they are * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-bilstein-5100-shocks-2005-toyota-tacoma/
- A Please consider thishttps://bilsteinlifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ToyTec_AAL_Install.pdf
- Q I have 2014 4cyl access tacoma. To get the three inches of lift which clip setting will I need to... answer nowA For access cab with no additional weight please try 1stclip - it may give more then 2'' of lift. If less - htem may try 2nd clip but not more
- Q I have a 2015 TRD-Sport Tacoma, will these be fine if i choose to add steel bumpers later? If not... answer nowA When adding front bumper you may first try adjusting the shocks on higher notch.For stock weight it is not recommended to go higher then second notch adjustment not to overlift the truck.Or may use stronger coils - will depend n your bumer-and -what-else additional weight
- Q For a 2008 Double Cab with the 1.5" front lift, what rear option should I go with to get level. I... answer nowA no rear lift will be needed to level 1.5'' front lift
- A Excuse me, for TRD odd road Not with that kit unfortunately, you'lll need the 521600 coils for 2.5 incheshttps://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/front-lifts-and-coilovers/toytec-2-5-3-inch-lift-front-coil-springs/* * *https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/3-lift-kit-with-bilstein-5100-coilovers/
- Q I have a 2012 Tacoma Crew Cab with a Fab Four front bumper. Will the spacer and Bilstein 5100's g... answer nowA You may try 3rd clip but not higher if you have the additional weight youve specified and also V6 engine (heavier then 4cyl).Please be sure not to exceed 3'' of total lift - exceeding 3'' may damage the suspension
- Q Will stock brake lines work on the 3 inch lift for 2005 Tacoma ? Will anything else be needed to ... answer nowA Stock brake lines will work, changing to extended brake lines is recommended for heavy offrpoaders who ride trails requiring full wheeltravel just to be on the safe side
- Q I have a 2012 Access Cab 4cyl. The description covers the settings on a 4cyl standard cab only. W... answer nowA Helloit will depend on your additional weight carried and coil springs condition, but basicly you'll get1st clip setting – Approximately 1.5-2''″ 2nd clip setting – No less then 3″' or even slightly more - so note it is not recommended to exceed 3''
- A Spacers are not needed, but without them you'll get 2,5'' of front lift especially if carriyng some additional front weight
- Q The images provided here appear to show the suspension components included with this kit, right? ... answer nowA So on the BK0510 assembly will look something like this with a different top mount. Ride quality is pretty smooth and if we add the top plate spacer will be on top of the top mount and won't create any pre load on the springs. Overall this is a pretty good a smooth ride although if the client is planning on adding a bumper and winch i would definitely recommend an adjustable coil over. These coil overs (BK0510) are designed only to work with stock weight.
- Q I’m trying to decide between the 3” Bilstein coilover set-up here and the Toytec coilover set-up.... answer nowA This picture shows how they will look after the assembly BUT the top mount is black (factory)
- A It will be 2 boxes 32x10x6 and 28x8x8 and the weight will be 38 lbs and 25 lbs for a total of 63 lbs
- Q Hey, i haver a 2013 Toyota hilux, Will this lift kit fit? Or do you have a lift kit for the hilux... answer nowA it will fit if you have the same shocks mountings and similar lengths, also same rear leaf springs as TacomaFRONT shocks: Extended Length (IN): 22.56 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 17.03 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Stem Lower Mounting Style: EyeletREAR shocks: Extended Length (IN): 22.94 Inch Compressed Length (IN): 14.02 Inch Rod Diameter (IN): 1.81 Inch Upper Mounting Style: Stem Lower Mounting Style: Eyelet
- Q Will this kit level a 2009 double cab 2WD PreRunner or will it just lift and maintain the existin... answer nowA It may lavel even withot front spacers if you have light (4cyl) Engine. For more heavy V6 engine the spacers will help to look more leveled.For the leveled look less rear lift (1'' blocks) are recommended.To know for sure taking measurements of front and rear wheel center (hub) - to - fender line is recommended to know what is front and rear height difference.
- Q The description is not clear enough whether I need the top spacer lift: "some double cabs may req... answer nowA Sometimes when double cab has heavy V6 engine, some extra weight and weak used springs - they will gain less then 3'' lift without spacers. You'll not need extra spacers if your coil springs are strong.The 2 degree shim can be used for 2'' rear lift, not needed if having less lift https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/zinc-axle-degree-shims/
- Q Can I still order raw Dakar lead kit for rear vs the aal or blocks? I don't see the option any more. answer nowA Unfortunatelly no.We can offer1) https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-lifts-05-15/deaver-1-5-inch-lift-10-leaf-springs-set-for-2005-2015-toyota-tacoma/2) https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/ironman-leaf-springs-2005-2014-toyota-tacoma/3) https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/boss-toytec-leaf-springs-for-toyota-tacoma-2005-2015/
- A Yes sir, 2 center pins will be attached to the add a leafs, the center pins (mounting bolts) are a little longer than factory center pins
- Q I have a 2015 double cab 4x4 tacoma and paid the extra money for the preset coilover shocks for 3... answer nowA This is not the kit that you purchased, you purchased a different kit that comes with coilovers assembled at 3". Please use contact us form to send pictures so we can see the issue.
- Q Will I have any Issues if I set them on the 2nd c-clip setting from the bottom on a 2015 tacoma e... answer nowA Please don't exceed the total 3'' of lift - the control arms and cv axles not to be damaged
- A It will fit both front and rear.Please choose add a leafs option if you often carry much additional weight in the back.Some Double cab models may require top plate spacers for full 3" lift On a 4 cyl Standard Cab - 1st clip setting - Approximately 3"
- Q I have a 2015 tacoma with a camper shell. Will this kit give me an even front and rear height? or... answer nowA Yes, this kit will be fine. Please choose 2'' add a leafs option for the rear if you ofthen carry some weight in the back.Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks
- A No, will not fit 2016-2017 years
- Q So in the description for the rear lift options it says you can choose the Dakar Leaf Springs but... answer nowA We can offer Dakar springs if you really carry additional weight, but for regular ride without much load they will not make the ride more comfortable. Do you really need this option added?
- Q I have a 2007 tacoma double cab already equipped with this set up. I need to bring the front up a... answer nowA Yes, it's possible to double the spacer. Please be sure you don't exceed the total 3'' of front lift not to damage the suspension parts and cv axles.
- Q I own a 2013 Toyota Tacoma base model (5 lug) 4 door. I wanna achieve a 2 inch lift. I would like... answer nowA For 5lug Tacoma we can offer only stock height shocks unfortunatelly.You can use spacers but the suspension downtrawel will be reduced.
- Q Kinda dumb questions. But, 1. How much does the top plate spacer affect ride quality? 2. Is an al... answer nowA Top plate spacers doesn't affect ride quality if using long-travelling shocks like bilsteins. They can nly affect ride quality if making the suspnsion downtrawel less then stock. The wheel alignment is always recommended
- Q Can you help me out with the configuration I would need to achieve the 1.5" lift? 2015 TRD Sport ... answer nowA Just choose a proper coilover assembly option, there are two - 1.5" and 3"
- Q For a 2013 single cab tacoma 4x4 with no additional front weight will it achieve the full 3 inch ... answer nowA On a 4 cyl or Standard Cab - 1st clip setting - usually it gives Approximately 3"Standard cab and 4cyl models should use the Lowest C Clip settingDouble cab models may require top plate spacers for full 3″ lift
- Q Could this be used to replace TRD Baja suspension? Want to get a higher ride height and fit bigge...
- Q The pic posted of before and after looks like it sits lower in the back...do you recommend adding...
- Q Just wondering. I checked my specs out and it totall my up to like $843 and this was like a week ... answer nowA Yes, there was a recent price increase. Our cost went up and we had to increase the price.
- Q I have a 2014 Tacoma double cab. I want it lifted about 3" all around so I can clear 33s. What wo...
- Q I like the current take of my 2007 Tacoma V6 double cab but would like to raise it a few inches. ...
- Q I have a 2005 Tacoma Access Cab- 4WD V6 4.0 TRD Off Road. What clip setting do I need to run in o...
- A To get full 3" on a double cab you do need a spacer.
- Q Will this kit work well with the maxtrac spindles? does this kit fit with the 2011 tacoma prerunn... answer nowA
We haven't tested this kit with Spindles and don't have an exact answer.
This kit will fit 2011 tacoma prerunner 2wd as long as it is 6 lug.
- A Regulated UCA is not the bad idea, but the kit will work without it. Only in some cases of bigger wheels and tires it can be required for proper suspension settings. For example, in such case: 2015 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4x4 Off Road (6-Lug) Duratec 285/70R17 Tires XD Series Wheels w/ proper backspacing 3"" Front / 1"" Rear (Spacer) Leveling KitEibach/Toytec 112-620 Springs and Total Chaos UCAs may be useful.
- Q Hey I want to get the 3 inch lift on my 2005 Tacoma but I see that it says it may require a space... answer nowA This is the only tire information we have: What size tires can I run on a 16×8″ wheel? With 4″ or 4.5″ back spacing we have several trucks running 285/75/16 tires, but they may rub on the front depending on wheel width, and back spacing. We do not guarantee any tire/ wheel fitment and recommend you have your tire dealer install and “test fit” any wheel tire combination you are considering
Yes. Just do not choose assembly option.
You may also like…
Ultimate 0-3″ lift kit for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma(2 reviews)Base Price: $1,399.99 Select options
FOX 3″ Ultimate Suspension Lift Kit for 2005-2020 Toyota Tacoma(9 reviews)Base Price: $3,860.86 Select options
ToyTec BOSS 0-3″ Lift Kit for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma(4 reviews)Base Price: $1,415.99 Select options