Bilstein 0-2″ Front, 0-1″ Rear Lift Shocks for 2016-2020 Toyota TacomaSale!
Bilstein 0-2″ Lift Front Shocks and 0-1″ Lift Rear Shocks for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Bilstein B8 5100 Front (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers are designed for trucks and SUV’s with a front OE coilover style suspension. Multiple snap-ring grooves in the body allow for different spring seat positions, providing 0-2 inches of front lift (depending on application). The monotube shock absorbers feature a 46mm digressive piston a with self-adjusting deflective disc valve setting. Bilstein B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers provide increased wheel travel and improved handling. Utilizing a B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorber is the easiest way to level out your vehicle.
1st clip = 0″ (stock)
2nd clip = 0.65″
3rd clip = 1.1″
4th clip = 1.55″
5th clip = 2″ (5th notch not recommended for 4×4 V6/4cyl Access Cab or 4×2 V6 Double Cab 6′ bed)
Collapsed Length (IN): 17.58
Extended Length (IN): 22.22
Collapsed Length (MM): 446.5
Extended Length (MM): 564.5
Bilstein B8 5100 rear shock absorbers are designed as a direct fit solution for lifted trucks and SUV’s. These shock absorbers feature a monotube design which provides consistent fade free performance. B8 5100 shock absorbers utilize a unique, velocity sensitive, digressive piston which reacts to changing road conditions. All B8 5100 shock absorbers are tuned for each specific application to assure optimal performance is achieved. B8 5100 shock absorbers offer a significant improvement in ride quality, handling, and comfort.
Collapsed Length (IN): 14.02
Extended Length (IN): 22.94
Collapsed Length (MM): 356
Extended Length (MM): 582.7
Includes 4 Shocks only.
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q can i add a 1/4 spacer on the driver side front strut to correct the "tacoma lean" to the left wh... answer nowAsked on October 21, 2020 10:51A yes 4ths notch will give about 2''you can either set one shock one notch higher than the other or use spacer
- Q I have a 2016 Tacoma sr5 4x4 that has already been leveled, would theses shocks work on my truck?Asked on October 8, 2020 20:54
- Q Can I use the 5th notch on a 4×2 V6 Double Cab 5′ bed Tacoma? answer nowAsked on September 22, 2020 21:02A Circlip location #5 is not recommended for use on the following vehicles: -4x4 V6 Access Cab. -4x4 4cyl Access Cab. -4x2 V6 Double Cab 6’ Bed. Installation Instructionshttps://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y518A00_2.pdfA So that would be a yes, since its not a 6' bed.!?
- Q 2020 TRD off road double cab. With the 5100's and stock coils what is preferred setting for a lev... answer nowAsked on June 10, 2020 18:06A In order to figure out how much lift you need to level please take existing measurements from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. Difference between front and rear is how much lift you need to level. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/level.png
- Q Can I put this on a stock 2019 Tacoma SR5 without rear blocks? answer nowAsked on June 2, 2020 11:35A yes it will fit stock height ( 0'' lift)
- Q I bought these BILSTEIN SHOCKS for my TRD Sport 4x4 2020 Tacoma and I do not know yet if I only w... answer nowAsked on March 12, 2020 20:41A Hi Front shocks work with stock coils and can be configured in ranges from 0 to 2 inches Installation Instructions https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y518A00_2.pdf In order to get 1 inch lift from the rear, you need to use an additional block for the lift We can offer https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/rear-lift/toytec-1-rear-lift-block-kit-with-u-bolts-for-2016-2019-toyota-tacoma/ https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/rear-lift/pro-comp-1-rear-lift-block-u-bolt-kit-1995-2014-toyota-tacoma-tundra-1999-2014/
- Q I have a 2020 TRD Sport 4x4 Tacoma with 265/70 17 KO2´s and Black TRD Wheels. What I want is to l... answer nowAsked on March 6, 2020 09:56A Front shocks will raise using height adjustmentIn order to figure out how much lift you need to level please take existing measurements from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. Difference between front and rear is how much lift you need to level. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/level.pngA Is about 1 inch between front and rear to level. Now instead of level it with 1" what about lifting 2" in front, what do I need to do to the rear?
- Q I have a Stock 2018 Tacoma TRD sport 4x4. I want to raise my front end 2 inches and the rear 1 in... answer nowAsked on February 27, 2020 11:20A You'll also needhttps://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/rear-lift/toytec-1-rear-lift-block-kit-with-u-bolts-for-2016-2019-toyota-tacoma/
- Q I have a 2017 4x4 Offroad Double Cab, can I buy just this and use my stock springs and get a 2/1 ... answer nowAsked on February 24, 2020 15:56A These shocks are fit for 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4WD You can use front shocks with stock coils to get the lift you need. (0-2") https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y518A00_2.pdf Rear shocks will work with stock coils, but they will not be able to lift the truck by 1 inch. To do this, buy longer coils or spacers
- Q Will I need to purchase anything else (coils, spacers, etc.) If I only desire to level the front ... answer nowAsked on February 18, 2020 14:01A Hi With these front shocks, you can use your stock coils and adjust them in height within 0-2 "to reach the level of your truck Installation Instructions front https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y518A00_2.pdf Rear shocks can work with stock springs, but if you need to reach 1 inch from the rear, a spacer or longer spring will be used
- Q if i set this on the second notch and later on i want to go higher can i just move the clip or is... answer nowAsked on February 18, 2020 06:01A You can set it higher by disassembling the strut and assembling it back again
- Q If I use these with OME 2" coils, I should leave the front on the stock 0" setting, correct? answer nowAsked on July 2, 2019 11:40A Yeah right
- Q I Have a 2018 Tacoma v6 trd off road access cab and i am installing the Rxt multi leaf pack at op... answer nowAsked on June 2, 2019 14:03A You might get too much lift, which is not recommended, unless you have some extra weight in the front to compensate for the extra lift.A Hello IgorThanks for the response. Yes i am going to use the stock coils in the front and the RXT multi rate in the rear at option 2, remove an replace with extra spring supplied. I was wondering why it not recommended and what would be the expected consequences if the 5th clip position is used with stock springs?
- Q I have a 2017 TRD Sport Access Cab 4x4 Long Bed. My rear stock measurement is 21.75" and my front... answer nowAsked on May 2, 2019 05:59A You may use spacer or you may leave it as is without spacer because we are and will go lower with come load on You may use spacer or you may leave it as is without spacer because we are and will go lower with come load onhttps://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/front-top-plate-spacer-one-14-inch/
- Q If I install this at the 4th setting and add a 1" block in the rear, will my truck sit level? answer nowAsked on April 3, 2019 13:00A Hello, in order to figure out how much lift you need to level please take existing measurements from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. Difference between front and rear is how much lift you need to level. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/level.png
- Q Will these rear shocks work with the Dakar 2” rear leaf pack? If not, which 5100 series shocks wi...Asked on March 28, 2019 22:15
- Q Will this set up work with a 2019 SR5 Tacoma I’m just wondering if anyone has tried it? All I see... answer nowAsked on February 22, 2019 23:21A Yes, it will work on 2019 Taco not TRD PRO
- Q I have a 2016 Trd off-road double cab long bed. What the max hight I can add to the front with th... answer nowAsked on January 30, 2019 10:02A 2'' can be added to the front
- Q Does the shock travel gets shorter as you go up in notch adjustments? answer nowAsked on October 8, 2018 22:17A Hello notch position does not influence the rod travel
- Q Can I use the icon 1.5 aal for the rear with the 5100 rear shocks? Or will the shock be too short?Asked on August 8, 2018 19:20
- Q I have a 2016 Tacoma SR5. Right now i have a 6 inch Rough Country lift kit. If i set the Front an... answer nowAsked on June 26, 2018 00:17A These shocks lift only the front.It is not recommended to stack lifts - can be harmful for the suspension and transmission
- Q I have a 2017 tacoma double cap long bed off-road. How much does the ride quality on road go up? ... answer nowAsked on April 17, 2018 11:20A Bilstein 5100 shocks are digressive valving system which means "the faster you go, the softer the shocks get"Perfect quality and advanced road handling.You can reuse your old bushings if they are in a good condition.If not lifting the rear - stock rear shocks can be used
- Q Does anyone know the front shock settings,rear lift, and wheel/tire combo on the Tacoma shown in ... answer nowAsked on April 13, 2018 10:41A We can say that 32'' tires will fit without rubbing with 3'' front lift, 33'' may require some minor plastic trimming.Also precise castercamber adjustment may help
- Q I have a '17 TRD Sport Access Cab.. the description says no to use the 5th notch. How come? I am ... answer nowAsked on March 30, 2018 05:02A As Acess cab is lighter please try 3-4 notch. I'ts great chance that you'll acheive 3'' of front liftThe link for front is not different, for regulat and acess cab it is not recommended to use 5th notch not to overlift higher then 3'' especially if having light 4cyl engine (V6 is heavier)
- Q Please tell me if i am correct. This kit comes with 2 front shocks that are adjustable up to 2in.... answer nowAsked on January 30, 2018 06:34A That is correct.A You are quite right.Rears can be used with 1'' blocts or with stock height (0'' lift)
- Q As the 2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road has a 1" lift from the factory, what is the max *additional* lift... answer nowAsked on November 16, 2017 16:50A The 3rd gen Tacome will be lifted up to 2'' front lift.For previous gen Tacomas 5100s give more lift
- Q Does it come with install instruction and the their any other parts need for the install? answer nowAsked on November 9, 2017 07:33A Installation hardware is included, nothing more is needed.Please note that rear shocks willl not lift the truck by themselves - they are for already installed 1'' lift or allow stock heiht (0'' lift)
- Q I have a 2017 TRD Offroad 4x4 model. Will this kit level out my truck when using this kit or do I... answer nowAsked on October 27, 2017 08:23A These kit has front height adjustable shocks, they are able to lift the front using stock coils up to 2,5''the rear shocks are just longer then stock - they allow to use lift blocks if you want but will not lift the rear end by themselves
- Q I currently have a 3'' front 2'' rear spacer lift on my 2016 tacoma 4x4 double cab trd sport. Can... answer nowAsked on October 18, 2017 07:39A It is not recommended to stack lifts, but it is possible for the rear end.Fot the front it is not needed - the front shocks are height adjustable and can give you up to 2,5'' of front lift
- Q Can I use the 2" adjustment on a 2017, Tacoma 4x2 sport, with double cab, and short bed. answer nowAsked on August 1, 2017 10:25A Yes, it can be used on factory (stock) coil springs. Please be sure you wil not add more then 2'' to the front height
- Q I have a 2016 trd sport 4x4 tacoma, would it be bad to max it out at 2" in the front and 1" in th... answer nowAsked on July 13, 2017 19:04A As the 3rd gen Tacomas are already facory lifted at 1'' it is not recommended to lift them more then 2''
- Q Have a 2016 TRD Sport 4 x 2. Only going to level using the .65 setting and adding the rear stock ... answer nowAsked on June 22, 2017 08:18A Driver side lean apears or not appears on different Tacos' depending on their usage and load.It can be determined by measuring the ground-to-fender_line distance on the drivers'and ao the passengars'sides and comparing them.If you have the V6 Taco the 2nd notch of the 5100 shocks may be used to level outA I answered my own question. After installation using 0.65 now all 4 wheel centers are exactly 21.5" to the fender edge. Perfectly level.
- Q If I go 2" lift in front & 1" block lift in back do I need a differential drop kit? answer nowAsked on March 27, 2017 07:11A No you don't need drop kit for lifts under 3"
- Q With 2" in front & 1" lift in Back do I need to do anything with differential answer nowAsked on March 23, 2017 14:03A Take it out. You probably don't need it but I'm no expert.
- Q Got about 1" difference from front to back. 6" on front (2) & 7"(1) Rear 7 1/4" (1) RearAsked on March 23, 2017 08:35
- Q If I put Front shocks at 2" and add 1" block on back with Bilsteins all around will this level th... answer nowAsked on March 23, 2017 08:05A It should get you very close to level. We recommend taking existing measurements of the front and rear from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender to see how much you need to level.
- Q 2016 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab Stock, can I raise the front 2" without having to add differential drop?Asked on March 4, 2017 21:48
- Q Do you have availability to add a 1'' Block in the front and rear with this to create a 3'' Lift?Asked on March 2, 2017 19:30
- Q I have a 2016 TRD Off Road 4x4 double cab and want to raise the truck at least 1" all around. Saw...Asked on February 10, 2017 08:42
- Q I have 2016 Tacoma try sport only want to level front what clip location do I need to use answer nowAsked on February 7, 2017 15:45A It will depend on your cab (double or single) and how much weight (for example reinforced bumper andor winch) do you carry on the front. Typically or customers try the 3rd or 4th clip. You can measure the front and rear distance from the wheel to the fender line and decide, what clip to take: 3rd clip = 1.1″ 4th clip = 1.55″ (on stock trucks without extra weight)A 2016 tacoma TRD 4wd 4 door what tire size can run with these f& R 5100 SHOCKS
- Q So My Tacoma is a 2017 TRD Sport Long Bed 2wd. What is the highest ring on the front and with a l...Asked on January 24, 2017 12:09
- Q Can the rear shocks in this kit be used with a progressive 3 leaf add a leaf? What is the ride qu... answer nowAsked on January 20, 2017 11:50A ToyTec progressive AALs will give about 3" or more lift in the rear and shocks will be too short.
- Q I want to lift my Tacoma SR5 only 1 inch all the way around. I read the rear shocks will help rid... answer nowAsked on January 18, 2017 19:31A Yes, you are right - the rear end will need some blocks, for example https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/rear-1-inch-block-kit-includes-u-bolts/ https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/1-inch-rear-blocks-without-u-bolts/ https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/1995-2004/1-5-inch-rear-blocks-without-u-bolts/ or add-a-leafs https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-toytec-add-a-leafs-for-2000-2006-toyota-tundra-and-2005-and-up-tacoma/ (only couple of bucks more, but giving better ride when towing something heavy) to be lifted. As for the front end - it can be lifted with the help of front regulated shocks: 1st clip = 0″ (stock) 2nd clip = 0.65″ 3rd clip = 1.1″ 4th clip = 1.55″Do you need rear 1'' lift blocks for the Tacoma SR5 2016-2017 or for some other years' Tacoma?
- Q I have a 2017 trd off road dbl cab lng bed. Will it clear 275 70 17 tires? 4.5 bs 0 off set answer nowAsked on January 17, 2017 13:38A Can't be told exactly - it'll depend on your rims and the whole suspension condition (it may vary from truck to truck even in a new cars). So if the 2nd clip will bee too small for the leveling the 3rd can can be tried to be used. Also please keep in mind that the straight leveling may depend on the weight of luggage carried and heavy options (such as heavy bumper or winch) installed.Please keeo in mind, that these shocks will not work for TRD PRO Model, but if you have not TRD PRO but TRD, then these front shocks are advertised to lift front up to 2"". Rear Shocks wont lift the vehicle.
- Q Just for clarification, these will work well with a 2017 TRD sport Double cab, long bed 4x4? even...Asked on January 16, 2017 11:13
- Q Can the 5th notch be used on a 4x4 double cab 5' bed? answer nowAsked on January 13, 2017 16:28A Yes, can be used. It is not recommended only for 4×4 V6/4cyl Access Cab or 4×2 V6 Double Cab 6′ bed.
- Q How much max lift would this add on my 2017 Tacoma TRD 4X4? answer nowAsked on January 13, 2017 16:25A These shocks will not work for TRD PRO Model, but if you have not TRD PRO but TRD, then these front shocks are advertised to lift front up to 2". Rear Shocks wont lift the vehicle.
- Q Other than OEM, can you recommend coils that would work with the 5100's? answer nowAsked on January 10, 2017 15:28A Unfortunately we do not have a good coil option for the 2016-2017 Tacomas yet.
- Q Wanting to install on 2016 4x4 double cab and run 265/70r17 BFG KO2. Can I do so with this lift @... answer nowAsked on January 10, 2017 11:20A Can't be told exactly - it'll depend on your rims and the whole suspension condition (it may vary from truck to truck even in a new cars). So if the 2nd clip will bee too small for the leveling the 3rd can can be tried to be used. Also please keep in mind that the straight leveling may depend on the weight of luggage carried and heavy options (such as heavy bumper or winch) installed.
- Q Can I use the 5 notch on a 2017 4x4 double cab tocoma Trd answer nowAsked on January 5, 2017 18:21A Hello, Keith. Thanks for contacting our support. As I managed to find out, 5th clip is for 2″ lift. 5th notch is not recommended by lift kit manufacturer for 4×4 V6/4cyl Access Cab or 4×2 V6 Double Cab 6′ bed Tacoma. But if you have a TRD Tacoma, your suspension travel is longer then on other tacomas and the usage of the 5th clip is possible.
- Q Would this help clear some 33x12.50r18r toyo open country MT tires ? Of course some trimming migh...Asked on January 2, 2017 18:19
- Q Will this fit the rear ok without any previous lift answer nowAsked on December 29, 2016 07:37A Yes rear will work with stock height or 1" lift
- Q Can I use the oem springs with these shocks on a 16 Tacoma off road? answer nowAsked on December 26, 2016 09:22A
Yes, these will work with OEM, stock coils.
- Q Can I use the 5th notch on my 16 tacoma 4x4 double cab answer nowAsked on December 20, 2016 17:25A
Yes you can
You may also like…
ICON 1.5″ Lift Rear Expansion Pack Add a Leaf 1995-2020 Toyota Tacoma(7 reviews)
$225.70Add to cart