OME BP51 2″ Suspension Kit Lift Kit For 2005-2020 Toyota Tacoma
Old Man Emu BP51 Suspension Kit Lift Kit For 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Old Man Emu is pleased to release the latest application of BP-51 High Performance Bypass Shock Absorbers engineered specifically for the Toyota Tacoma. Although there are subtle weight differences between the last generation Tacoma and the new generation, with the adjustable nature of the BP-51 the OME engineers have been able to tune and design the BP-51 package to suit both applications. This package consists of 2 front coilovers, 2 rear shock absorbers and 2 fit kits.
The front coilovers have been tuned in both length and feel specifically to the Tacoma and are capable of accommodating setups with and without accessories (bumpers, winch, etc). Specific reservoir brackets have been designed for application specific reservoir placement and also relocation of the sway bar to allow clearance at the spring seat. While the front coilovers are adjustable in height, the system has been designed for a 2 inch (50mm) ride height increase and a minimum of 2 inch (50 mm) down travel.
Currently Availabile for Purchase Rear shock absorbers have been tuned in length and valving specific to the Tacoma. To accommodate the large body size of BP-51 a specific lower mount bracket has been developed to provide clearance to the axle. Specific reservoir brackets have also been developed and are included in the rear fit kit.
The rear dampers are tuned to match the existing range of rear Old Man Emu springs. Recommended compression and rebound settings can be found in the supplied fitting instructions for the various spring options available.
The fitting instructions include detailed information for correct installation of the shock absorber and reservoir placement. Please note there is a left hand and right hand application due to the different reservoir mounting method and locations.
OME BP51 Kit for 05+ Tacoma
(1) BP5190006L Tacoma Front Left Coilover
(1) BP5190006R Tacoma Front Right Coilover
(1) VM80010016 – BP51 Fit Kit – Front
(2) OME Rear Leaf Springs – Choose from Standard or HD for Constand Load
(1) BP5160011L – Tacoma Left Rear Shock
(1) BP5160011R – Tacoma Right Rear Shock
(1) VM80010017 – Tacoma BP51 Fit Kit – Rear
(1) FK29 – Driveshaft Fit Kit
(4) U53A – Ubolts
(2) SB108 – Spring Bushing Kit
**Note – For medium load spring removal of 3rd leaf is required / For constant 300kg spring Extra Leaf is required to be added
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q Will this fit a 2018 Toyota Hilux truck. I’m putting an ARB front and rear bumper kits. I got Gen... answer nowA Haven't tested it with 2018 Hilux, can't tell for sure
- Q if you occasionally, in summer months, tow a travel trailer with about a 450lb tongue weight with... answer nowA Yes, right, when towing heavy trailers, stiffer springs are required, as this can lead to a reduction in lifting the rear of the truck due to the added weight. But if you do it sometimes and install rigid springs, then during the rest of the year you will not be tough without a load.
- A You'd only need to consider changing gearing when changing tire size.
- Q I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5 would It give it a 3" lift and would I be able to run the 285-75R... answer nowA This suspension will give you 2' of lift because 2016+ Tacomas are lifted 1' from factory already so 2's out of the coilovers equals 3' of lift of newer Tacomas. With that size tires you will have to do some light to mild trimming on the front bumper and mud flaps since the side wall is slightly taller
- A It will be 2 inches because the newer Tacomas come pre lifted from factory with 1" so overall the vehicle will gain the full 3 inches of lift
- Q More questions. Again thanks in advance: Have a 17 Tacoma DCLB. Truck bed not under constant heav...There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now
- Q Questions for this kit, thanks in advance: I have a 17 Tacoma DCLB; 1) Which UCA's recommended? 2... answer nowA UCA's are recommended but not require, the benefit of the UCA's is to fix the caster when the vehicle is getting aligned and also helps you a lot with articulation on the front end.Total Chaos upper control arms do require some maintenance specially on the uniball since its exposed, Pretty much once every 2 weeks the uniball needs to be cleaned with a microfiber towel and add a couple drops of Triflo lubricant otherwise clunking/squeaking sounds will come out of it. One major thing to keep in mind is that Total Chaos is a high performance UCA and everything is metal against metal so definitely weird sounds will come out of it even with proper maintenance. NOTE: This UCA's are not adjustable but the arm is designed to give the vehicle proper caster and more articulation on the front end SPC upper control arms are more designed for daily driving and tackle easy to moderate trail, also the upper ball joint is fully adjustable and regreasble as well. This SPC UCA's are pretty much maintenance free. NOTE: SPC UCA's will help to get the vehicle aligned and helps a lot with caster and camber If the client is planning on tackling really hard trails Total Chaos is a great choice or if he/she is planning on daily driving and doing easy/moderate trails SPC is the way to go----- Rim* Tire Width* Tire* Backspace* 8" 12" 32" 4.5"Such tires will fit without rubbing, bigger tires may require some trimming
- Q Can i run a 33x11.5 tire with this kit? I am looking for the best 3inch lift kit for my 2017 taco... answer nowA Rim* Tire Width* Tire* Backspace* 8" 12" 32" 4.5"will fit without rubbing, bugger tires will require some trimming. Also precise castercamber adjustment may help
- A Yes, it's a full kit- nothing else needed
- A Yes, it is 2" lift for the manufacturer suggested preload setting. However they can be adjusted beyond this, some users on tacoma world claiming even a 4" lift. With this flexibility you can absolutely level your truck!