Zinc Axle Degree Shims for driveline vibrations
Zinc Axle Degree Shims for driveline vibrations for Toyota Trucks
These shims have been used by our dealers and installers to eliminate rear driveline vibrations.
Zinc alloy construction for corrosion resistance.
These over-the-road heavy duty truck axle shims are a fast and accurate means to align front or rear axles of most popular tandem trailers and trucks. Specialty Products’ new Zinc Alloy shims offer another level of performance versus our traditional aluminum shims. For a small cost increase versus aluminum, you now have the hardness of our premium manganese bronze shims and a much improved compression strength as compared to aluminum shims.
Included in kit:
(2) Slotted Axle Degree Shims
(2) New Leaf Spring Center Bolts
(2) Center Bolt Head Spacers
May require longer u bolts on some models
Typically 1 inch of lift needs 1 degree, if you have 2″, you need 2 degree.
* Shims are installed with the flat end up and the thinner end facing forward on models with the leaf springs above the axle (Most Toyota models)
Questions and Answers
-I have a 2013 Tacoma with OME Dakar springs (3 inch lift). What degree shim is recommended?
–We would recommend you going with the 3 degree axle shim.
Questions and answers of the customers
- A It will be on the bottom of the block with the thicker side towards the back and the skinny side facing the front of the vehicle
- Q I have 2” rear lifting blocks on my 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport. What angle shim would work best for me? answer nowA Typically 1 inch of lift needs 1 degree, if you have 2″, you need 2 degree.
- Q 2003 Tacoma with 2" aal if I get 2 degree shim do I still need to drop my center carrier bearing ...There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now
- Q I am going to install an OME Dakar leap pack on a 99 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Ext Cab. Can you ple... answer nowA The sims are recommended 1 degree at every inch of lift. No additional u-bolts except fot leaf springs mountings needed
- A for 1'' nothing is needed - for 1.5'' the 2 degree shim is used
- A Included in kit: (2) Slotted Axle Degree Shims (2) New Leaf Spring Center Bolts (2) Center Bolt Head Spacers
- Q My 15 Tacoma has a rear lift of 2" , Will the 2 degree shim raise my rear lift more than what it ... answer nowA It will not make any great noticeable amount of lift - only to make driveshaft be more flat and smooth at 1-2 degrees
- A Please use about 3 degrees shims. Usually 1 degree for each inch of lift. Total lift may depend on your bed lengths and if you often carry additional constant load.
- Q I can't find a 1.5 degree shim for my 1.5 aal on my 2010 tacoma. Would I need a shim on a 1.5 aal? answer nowA we can offer https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/solid-steel-axle-degree-shims/
- A Why would anyone lift a Nissan? You would be better to trade it for a Tacoma!