OME 2″ Rear Lift 300LB load Dakar Leaf Springs for 2016-2020 Toyota Tacoma
OME 2″ Rear Lift Dakar Leaf Springs for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
- Sold as as a pair (2)
- **Also requires new longer rear U-bolts and Rear Spring Bushings with sleeve, not included.
- Recommend 7 1/2″ U-bolts for most applications
Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Drop Kit for 2005-2020 Toyota Tacoma(18 reviews)$29.99 Add to cart
Great emphasis was placed on ride comfort, with and without a payload, which led to three loading scenarios using the same leaf spring part number (EL095R). For stock loads where no weight is added, it is recommended to remove a leaf from the spring pack to maximize ride comfort and achieving a 2 inch ride height increase. For heavy applications an extra leaf has been designed.
- Stock loads (0lbs to GVM, optimal performance at loads of 0-300lbs) *Removal of third leaf required
- Constant 300lbs (300lbs to GVM, optimal performance at loads of 300-600lbs)
- Constant 600lbs (600lbs to GVM, optimal performance at loads of 600lbs plus) *Extra leaf required
- The removal or addition of a leaf spring would need to be completed for those individuals knowing that their rear load scenarios would be lighter or heavier than the constant 300+ lbs load the spring is designed around.
OME Dakar leaf springs feature:
- Draw Tapered & Diamond Cut Leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
- Bolt Clamps & Liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
- Fully Scragged & Load Tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Graphite Coating: To further reduce the friction between the spring leaves & friction pads.
- Military Wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
- Anti Friction Pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat Axle Seat Area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress & increasing spring life.
- Shot Peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage Leaf Pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.
Please note: Most Emu Dakar leaf springs have all the listed features, but where design or a physical limitation exists one or more of these features may not be incorporated. Please check with your OME licensed fitter for further information.
Questions and answers of the customers
Q It says remove the 3rd leaf for a better ride and I don’t haul that often. 3rd leaf from top or 3... answer nowA The third leaf counting from the top (i.e. from the largest leaf and mounts)
Q I have a 17 Tacoma with a 3” rough country suspension lift with a 2” lift block in rear. Could I ... answer nowA yes, you can, it will be good
A It may vary from truck to truck, shims are used for lean compensation if needed * * * https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/12-solid-steel-axle-shim-for-toyota-tacoma/
There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now