0-2″ Front Lift Bilstein 5100 Shocks for 2016-2020 Toyota TacomaSale!
0-2″ Front Lift Shocks for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Bilstein B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorbers are designed for trucks and SUV’s with a front coilover style suspension. The monotube shocks feature a 46mm digressive piston with self-adjusting deflective disc valving. Multiple snap-ring grooves in the shock body allow for different spring seat positions, providing 0″-2.5″ of front end lift, depending on application. The Bilstein B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) shock absorber provides increased wheel travel and improved handling and feature a zinc-plated steel body for resistance to harsh off-road elements.
Descriptor: Front Lift Height Adjustable: 0-2″
Collapsed Length (IN): 17.58
Extended Length (IN): 22.22
Includes 2 Shocks
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q I have 2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad DBL Cab. Is it safe to use 5th notch with OEM springs. Also adding... answer nowAsked on July 8, 2020 22:01A 5th notch can be used with OEM coilsfor 1'' rear lift we can offerhttps://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/shocks-2016-and-up/rear-bilstein-5100-shocks-2005-toyota-tacoma/
- Q Looking to level my 2019 TRD Off-Road 4x4. Will I be able to adjust these to have the perfect lev... answer nowAsked on May 30, 2020 17:36A Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life. In order to figure out how much lift you need to level please take existing measurements from center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. Difference between front and rear is how much lift you need to level. https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/level.png
- A for Titan we can offerhttps://www.bilsteinlifts.com/?post_type=product&s=24-197649&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=Y3VycmVudF9wYWdlX2lkPTcwMSZ3b29fY3VycmVuY3k9VVNEJnF0cmFuc2xhdGVfbGFuZz0wJmZpbHRlcnNfY2hhbmdlZD0wJmZpbHRlcnNfaW5pdGlhbD0xJmFzcF9nZW4lNUIlNUQ9dGl0bGUmYXNwX2dlbiU1QiU1RD1jb250ZW50JmFzcF9nZW4lNUIlNUQ9ZXhjZXJwdCZjdXN0b21zZXQlNUIlNUQ9cHJvZHVjdF92YXJpYXRpb24mY3VzdG9tc2V0JTVCJTVEPXByb2R1Y3Q=
- Q I am from a foreign country. I have toyota hilux here. I want to use bilstein 5100 series with ei... answer nowAsked on March 9, 2020 19:39A we haven't tested it by ourselves with Hilux so can't tell for sureWe can say that lift coils can be used on the lowest notch adjustmentor you can assemble it on the 2nd notch and lower on the ground and measure the lift before and after without riding.4'' lift without suspension modifications and significant differential drop will be harmful
- Q For the Tacoma, Is the base (zero) setting the same on 2016 + as the 2015 - 5100 struts? Can I us... answer nowAsked on December 3, 2019 02:43A Yes, you are right. Use 2'' coils on the bottom (lowest) notch adjustment
- Q 2016 Tacoma TRD OffRoad 4x4 with 3/4" top spacer(1 1/2"lift), 45lb. winch, ARB bumper-now sits 1"... answer nowAsked on June 11, 2019 16:55A You already know how well truck worked with 1 1/2" of lift, .65 being pretty close to 1/2". Try the 1.1" and be prepared to back down one notch. Better to use OME2886 spring, and remove top spacer. More usable travel, and 2" lift, probably don't need sway bar, because of stiffer spring rate.
- Q I have a 19' TRD Off Road 4X4 and am thinking to use the 0"-2" 5110's at a 2" lift with 5110s in ... answer nowAsked on March 22, 2019 13:10A Add a leafs will be good * * * https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-toytec-add-a-leafs-for-2000-2006-toyota-tundra-and-2005-and-up-tacoma/* * * for winch 888 coils are recommended * * * https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/ome-2-inch-front-lift-coils-for-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/
- Q Can i use 3” lift coils with the 5100’s to get a total of 3 inches of lift answer nowAsked on January 22, 2019 12:46A Unfortunately no, for 3'' you;ll need longer shocks such as https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/toytec-boss-rear-shocks-2005-2014-tacoma-00-06-tundra/
- Q Thanks for the quick response. I will be leaving stock height in the rear for now. I have about 1... answer nowAsked on January 2, 2019 20:13A Since these are new adjustable shocks from 0-2 inches, you may need new coils We can offer you https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/ome-2-inch-front-lift-coils-for-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/ https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/eibach-2-front-pro-lift-coils-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/ Please note if you have a bumper or a winch final lift may be lower
- Q I will buying the 5100 for my 2018 TRD sport. To level it out which notch should I start with? answer nowAsked on January 2, 2019 18:59A Hello It all depends on how much your truck is tilted forward and what lift you have on the rear. I am sending you installation instructions with height dimensions during adjustment. This should help you. I want to note that these shocks are for 2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma
- Q I have a 2017 TRD off road and just installed an SSO slimine front bumper which wieghs maybe 50lb... answer nowAsked on December 25, 2018 17:31A Hello You may increase ride height by using higher notch adjustment. For heavy bumper stronger coils are recommended We can offer OME 2″ Front Lift Coils for 2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma Coil Option 888 Medium 2" https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/ome-2-inch-front-lift-coils-for-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/
- Q Will a 1” lift setting void any warranties on my 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5? Dealer is saying a diff ... answer nowAsked on November 7, 2018 15:22A Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life.we can offerhttps://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/front-differential-drop-kit/
- Q Will these fit a 2018 TRD off road 4x4? and will anything else need to be adjusted to do 2' in th... answer nowAsked on September 3, 2018 18:58A Yes, it will fitNothing more is needed, it will lift the front end by adjusting the shocks.Diff drop kit is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life.
- Q I have a 2018 TRD Sport Access Cab 4x4. (1) Will these shocks fit and will anything else need to ... answer nowAsked on August 14, 2018 12:08A Yes, it will fit.No issues with warranty
- Q I purchased these for my 2017 sr5 4x4 4 cylinder and I wanted to put these one the highest settin... answer nowAsked on June 3, 2018 12:57A Lifting mote then 3'' may be harmful for the suspension.you may use 5th nothc if having crew cab, but for single cab which is lighter please use middle notch adjustment
- Q Do installing these require a front end alignment? Also how may settings do they have? answer nowAsked on May 16, 2018 15:45A They can be set form 0'' to 2'' lift. Front alignment will be required
- Q Is there a .85 setting on these shocks? Will these suit a RWD 2016 access cab tacoma? Do purchase... answer nowAsked on May 14, 2018 21:09A 1st notch will give you about 1'' - depending on your engine weight - on stock coils.Comes as pictured, with washers but no bolts. You can reuse your old bushings if they are in a good condition.Diff drop kt is recommended for 4WD trucks for 1.5'' of front lift and more to increase the CV axles life.
- Q Does this shock fit my 2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited 2WD? I am Planning to put on a rough country 4-... answer nowAsked on May 1, 2018 16:39A These shocks will fit stock height all 2016 6-lug Tacomas except TRD PRO.We can offer such kit: * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/zone-offroad-4-strut-spacers-lift-kit-2016-toyota-tacoma-4wd/
- Q I have a 2016 tacoma with a 6in Pro comp lift with coilovers. I’d like to get a little extra clea... answer nowAsked on March 25, 2018 19:35A It will lift your truck if you used stock shocks before, but it is not recommended to stack lifts - can cause accidents and may be harmfut fo steering, btake lines and suspension.For bigger tires please consider body lift if haven't yet installed it * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/complete-lift-kits-tacoma-05-and-up/1-body-lift-for-toyota-tacoma-2005-2015/
- A We can offer * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/rear-bilstein-5100-shocks-2005-toyota-tacoma/ * * * or * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/shocks-05-15/toytecs-boss-1-3-lift-2-5-body-rear-shocks-2005-2017-toyota-tacoma/ * * *
- Q 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Off Road, is there any issue with 1.1 lift with the TRD Skid Plate installed answer nowAsked on November 17, 2017 08:17A Newer heard of anything like this, should be good to go for properly designed skid plate
- Q I have 2001 Tundra Access Cab 4x4. I was wondering why I can't/ not recommend use the 4th or 5th ... answer nowAsked on September 19, 2017 18:43A Generally it is not recommended to have more then 2-2.5'' of lift, because it's bad for cv axles and control arms. As acces cab is lighter then double cab, and if the coil springs are in good condition, you may have more then 2-2.5'' of lift and damage the suspension.The diff drop kit is recommended if having more then 1,5'' of lift, it'll be good for cv axles, but control arms and other suspension may not handle more the 2.5'' lift, especially on bad roads when the wheel has full downtravel.
- Q Just purchased a 2017 tacoma off-road. I want to give it a lil' bump. I want to run a 285/75 w/ f... answer nowAsked on August 6, 2017 00:17A We always recommend tire test fitment first, because of diggerent suspension parts condition and different additional weight on different trucks.Can say that sometimes precise castor-camber adjustment or some minor trimming helps to avoid rubbing if the tiress appear to be big for the fenders.Also body lift kit * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2005-2015/complete-lift-kits-tacoma-05-and-up/1-body-lift-for-toyota-tacoma-2005-2015/ * * * can be used to clear out more wheel space under the fenders
- Q Is this a 2 inch lift and max height or a 2.5 inch lift? answer nowAsked on August 2, 2017 19:18A You are right, max height is up to 2,5'' put for 2016+ (3rd gen Tacoma) it is not recommended to have more the 2'' of lift, because it is already lifted 1'' from the factory. Having more then 2'' of front lift may not be good for the suspension.Please note, that diff drop kit is recommended for the 4WD trucks if having such a lift https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/toyota-fj-cruiser-2010-2011-2012-2013/front-lifts/front-differential-drop-kit/
- Q Should a diff drop kit be used if I am leveling with 5100s at the 1.1" setting? answer nowAsked on August 1, 2017 12:04A lift less then 1.5'' can go without diff drop kit
- Q My 2016 Tacoma sport is a work truck. Approx 600lbs of tools/parts + people. I don't want extra h... answer nowAsked on May 18, 2017 05:36A The new springs can be used, but please keep in mind they will give you 2'' of lift ( please select 886 Coil option). This option will be good for every day 600lbs additional weight. * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/front-lifts-2/2-front-lift-ome-coils-2016-toyota-tacoma/ * * * Then the lowest notch on shock adjustments should be used. If sometimes driving empty or not doing fast while offroading - the stock coils can be reused with these shocks. Then the first or second notch should be used depending on the springs condition.Please note that for 2016-2017 tacoma it is not recommended to exceed 2'' of front lift - the diff drop kit should be used * * * https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/toyota-fj-cruiser-2010-2011-2012-2013/front-lifts/front-differential-drop-kit/
- Q Will a 285/75/16 fit with it on the highest set level? answer nowAsked on April 9, 2017 09:41A We haven't tested it - it will depend on the rims offset and suspension parts condition. Maybe the castorcamber precise adjustment wil be needed.
- Q What setting to put shocks on to level out a 2016 Tacoma answer nowAsked on March 21, 2017 19:49A Usually about 2 nothc. But it depends n particular Tacoma suspension condition. The best way is to measure the front ground-to fender-height and rear and to compare them.
- Q I was wondering if you could PLEASE email me a copy of the installation instructions that came al... answer nowAsked on February 24, 2017 12:30A Please download the manufacturers'manual by this https://cart.bilsteinus.com/pdfs/E4-WM5-Y518A00_1.pdf link
- Q If I set this shock on the highest setting (2 inch) will it preload my stock OEM trd coilover? answer nowAsked on February 2, 2017 18:30A The coil will be cpmpressed in the same way it was compressed before - the spring compression depends not on the shock but on the truck weight.The thruck may be higher on a 0.5-1'' or some less - will depend on your suspension condition, engine weight and how much stuff you carry in the cab, and also on if you have a heavy aftermarket reinforced bumper or winch or not.
- Q does having a manual transmission interfere with leveling the front. 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6spd. answer nowAsked on January 31, 2017 06:18A The type of transmission doesn't matter, it doesn't interfere with the front lift.Please keep in mind, that having more then 2'' front lift may decrease front cv axles life, so the differential drop kit becomes not a bad idea. This https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-fj-cruiser/toyota-fj-cruiser-2010-2011-2012-2013/front-lifts/front-differential-drop-kit/ will also fit the 2016 -2017 Tacoma
- Q Will using the 1-2" settings on the front shocks compromise the stock could? Will the 1-2" settin... answer nowAsked on January 27, 2017 15:40A Maybe you are thinking not about transfer case, but the front differential drop kit? Front differential drop kit is always not the bad idea on 4wds. Can't say it is a must option on 1''lift (the truck will go without it), but installing differential drop kit with bigger lifts will make the transmission shafts' life longer.
- Q Can you use an add a leaf in the rear along with these shocks in front to gain a slight lift of t... answer nowAsked on January 22, 2017 04:45A Yes you may do that
- A We haven't tested the 5th notch oh these shocks on 2017 TRD 4x4 so can't say exactly how long it will work without issues. Please keep in mind, that the diff drop kit will be needed for a long and safe use of your new Tacoma if you'll lift its front more then 2
- Q So these shocks are designed specifically for the 2016 -2017 tacomas? newer set of 5100's? answer nowAsked on January 10, 2017 09:14A
- Q Would a front diff drop be need with these with the height increase? answer nowAsked on December 29, 2016 15:34A
The diff drop kit does lessen the angles on the axles in 4x4, not a bad addition.
- Q I have a 2017 Tacoma, do I need any spacers for the skid plate ect..along with these shocks if I'... answer nowAsked on December 16, 2016 12:14A You can use just the shocks to level.
- Q Is this a set of two (driver AND passenger) for $228? answer nowAsked on December 11, 2016 00:40A
Yes, priced per 2 shocks.